We are excited to announce that we are currently casting for a new original stage musical production: Immortal.
We are seeking actors, singers and puppeteers of any gender/nationality between the ages of 18 and 99+!
If you are interested in auditioning, please read the following information about how to throw your name into the hat.
1. Immortal is a stage musical that will be performed on the main stage of Galway's Town Hall Theatre in September 2021. It will NOT be performed digitally or remotely. Please do not audition if you are uncomfortable with performing to a live, in-person audience.
2. The successful applicants will be paid a performance fee.
3. The rehearsals for the production will take place in Galway City, Ireland throughout the summer. Please ensure that your schedule allows for approx 2-3 evening rehearsals per week.
4. It's a musical! We are seeking individuals who are comfortable singing, acting and moving their bodies.
5. "Immortal" is based on the Irish Myth of Oisín in Tír na nÓg. The music will have a traditional Irish flavour.
If you've read the above terms and are interested in auditioning, please send a video (approx 1-3 minutes) of you singing something to email@example.com before 5pm, Tuesday 15th June 2021.
If we think you might be the right fit for our adventure, we will be in touch directly to organise a callback audition. FAQs below!
From the Team that Brought You...
With the Generous Support of...
1. Q: I'm interested in applying, but I'm not sure what kind of a video to send.
A: Please record yourself singing a song. You should choose a song that demonstrates your vocal style, ability and range. It can be any song! Although please keep it relatively short (2-3 minutes)...we won't have time to look at an entire Operatic Solo!
2. Q: I've recorded a video but I don't want anyone else to see it! What can I do to make it private?
A: We know the feeling! What we advise is uploading to a secure video platform (like Youtube/Vimeo) as an unlisted video. What this means is that anyone with the specific link will be able to see the video, but it won't be available publicly on the internet. You also have the option of protecting it further with a password, and sending us the password.
If you're still having trouble, get in touch with us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide a simple link for you to upload your video.
3. Q: Help! I don't have access to a good camera or audio equipment, I'm worried that the recording quality will impact my chances!
A: Don't worry! Our day job is videography. We've seen and worked with all types of videos, from cinema quality to recordings so pixelated, you can't even make out a face! We will be prepared and well able to look past the technical and see the shimmering potential within. A recording on your phone will more than suffice.
4. Q: I have limited experience in Musical Theatre & Performance and I'm worried that this will affect my chances. Should I apply?
A: YES! This could be your moment, and we want to hear from you.
5. Q: How much money can I expect if I get the part?
A: "Immortal" will be a mostly self-funded project. You will receive a professional fee for the performance week, as well as a complimentary fee for the rehearsal period. Payments will be made by invoice.
6. Q: I've sent in a video before 5pm on the 15th of June and have been told that I am shortlisted. What will the callback process look like?
A: Congratulations! We think you could be perfect for a part in "Immortal". We will now be in touch with you directly regarding a callback audition, which will take place over Zoom. To help you prepare properly for this audition, we will provide you with a character description and a script excerpt, which we will be asking you to read for us.
7. Q: I'd love to audition for a part in "Immortal" but I have another full-time/part-time commitment (day job, education, family, etc) and I'm worried about being able to work around this. Can you give me an idea of the timeline for the production?
A: Of course! We understand that a career in the arts in Ireland is fraught with uncertainty and moving parts. We are trying to manage it ourselves, so we empathise! We will be planning on rehearsing 2-3 times per week. These will take place in the weekday evenings & weekends. A full schedule will be agreed upon at the First Readthrough, and we will try our utmost to accommodate everyone's schedules. Due to the nature of Theatre & Performance, things will likely heat up a lot in the month of September. We will need you to be completely available during the performance week of the 20th -25th of September.
If you have any other questions that haven't been answered here, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com! We'd love to hear from you.
Schedule a Reminder
Would love to apply for an audition, but worried it might slip your mind in the midst of a busy week? Fill in the quick form below and allow us to send you a reminder before the deadline.